Transporting your vehicle across state lines or even further afield can seem, in theory, like a stressful process. In reality, there are plenty of ways to get your car seamlessly from point A to point B without much hassle at all. Use these moving tips to ensure that your vehicle arrives home safely without any worries on your part.
- Choose a reliable company. There are plenty of auto shopping businesses out there, but not all of them will have the expertise and resources available to do an impeccable job. Look into Melbourne’s Car Transport Provider to be sure you’re using a service that you can trust to transport your car safely, securely, and at an affordable price. You’ll also need to check the available routes and destinations that the company offers to be sure that the logistics will work in your favour.
- Work out where you need to go. Some auto shipping companies transport vehicles from one vehicle terminal to another, while others will be able to deliver your car directly to where you need it to go. Find out what the service in question is able to offer and consider how easy it will be for you to collect the vehicle from a terminal if necessary. Compare the levels of convenience offered by each service and choose according to your needs
- Get a quote for your car. Before you make a decision, you’ll need a complete quote so you can assess whether the shipping cost fits into your budget. Ask for a final quote that includes any possible additional fees, as well as extra charges that may be incurred if you’re shipping a larger vehicle. You can compare various quotes from different companies, but keep in mind that very cheap services may be cutting corners in certain areas to achieve their affordable rate.
- Check your car’s condition before shipping. It’s crucial to do a thorough assessment of your vehicle before you hand it over to the moving service. Give it a good clean and check it over for any scratches or damage. Take pictures of any visible issues so you know if any additional damage has occurred during the moving process. Make the moving service aware of any problems they should know about with the vehicle before they take it into their care.
- Clear your possessions out of the car. You may not be covered by the mover’s insurance policies for the items on the interior of your car. Remove all personal belongings before the transport begins, including CD players, GPS systems, or removable safety features. Better safe than sorry.
- Check your petrol level. Leaving your car filled with petrol will make the vehicle heavier than it needs to be for the movers, but an empty tank could cause problems down the line. Aim for about a quarter tank so it can drive if necessary without adding excess weight.
- Follow the moving service’s recommendations. Many transport companies have particular policies around the levels of tire inflation required before transport, so get advice from them on whether to pump your tires or not. They may also give additional recommendations about preparing your car before the moving date, so follow their advice to ensure the shipping goes smoothly.